f) Gynaecology – Cancer Screening
- VIA – Visual Inspection with Acetic-Acid is provided through a five-minute turn-around time for results and advantageous since it utilizes the single-visit-approach. If cancerous lesions are detected and within the cryotherapy diameter of treatment, then cryotherapy is offered to clients immediately. RFHAF does not only offer both services, it also has the only competent National VIA and Cryotherapy trainer. Very useful during RFHAF’s mobile outreach clinic to maritime zones and hard to reach geographical areas.
- Pap Smear – also offered by RFHAF and is very beneficial in the detection of other infections
- Breast Self-Examination/Assessment – this is teamed up with bra fitting for women.Most women are not aware of their bra sizes, hence bra fitting is the selling point in attracting women to get their breast examined. RFHAF in partnership with the Fiji Cancer Society is embarking in a laser lump detection mouse. This will assist RFHAF in providing services on the early detection of cancerous breast cells.
g) Family Planning and Contraceptives
- RFHAF offers services from long-acting reversible methods such as IUD and implants as well as short- acting reversible methods such as injectable, pills, condoms, and the natural method (use of
calendar). Commodities – Jadelle, Microgynon, Depo Provera, Microlut, and Copper T.
- Is offered on all services that are offered by RFHAF for example: relationship, sexuality, FP and contraceptive, conception and pregnancy, fertility, STIs, abortion, sexual and gender based violence, women’s and men’s sexual health, etc.
- Syndromic management of STIs are offered at RFHAF but HIV services are referred to the MOHMS
Reproductive Health Clinic.
- Referral to Medical Services Pacific and the MOHMS health facilities are made by RFHAF but this
should change after the staff training in March.
- RFHAF in partnership with Van Med Lab will engage testing for PSA in men above fifty for prostate
All RFHAF clinical services are free and user friendly. The RFHAF clinic is made up of two nursing midwives as fulltime staff and another nursing midwife as a volunteer, which RFHAF utilizes on a needs basis. All RFHAF nurses are licensed to practice in Fiji, under its legal National Nursing practices requirements. RFHAF has two nurses who are competent trainers, henceforth, in its MoU with MoHMS, RFHAF will be engaging in the training of MoHMS nurses on topics such as Update on FP and Contraceptives, VIA Screening, Cryotherapy Treatment, etc.